We started out as an independent volunteer youth group in 2010 organizing charity events and humanitarian efforts.
In 2019, the BSM was launched in the Philippines only as a producer of digital content on sexual and domestic violence until it gained attention that sparked the weekly meetings of survivors.
- launched in the Philippines as a content provider of domestic & sexual violence using the hashtag (#) in the Breaking Silence Movement logo.
- Weekly survivor meetings of 15-30 attendees
- key activations in Europe realigning vision and mission towards gender-based violence (GBV)
- Global Advocate Power podcast is launched on Spotify
- 10,000 medical & hygiene kits were distributed in the Philippines during Covid crisis
- Main headquarters is Paris, France.
- BSM Academy – Digital Literacy Program with the support of Stanford University alumni, Entrepreneurship & Livelihood skills were launched
- “How to Keep My Body Healthy & Safe” children’s book is distributed
- Becoming an official Commitment Maker of the GEF of the United Nations Women
- Active participations in discussions as part of the civil society in the European Parliament, EU Member States, CSW, GEF of the United Nations, UNESCO
- Crisis task force for Ukraine (around 5k medical & hygiene kits were provided)
- The BSM Board has been assembled.
Get in touch
Get to know our GBV programming that may apply to your private or public organisation:
- BSM Academy
- Children’s Book
- BSM TV & Media
- Crisis Task Force
- Corporate Governance
- Legislative Participations
- Human Trafficking Watch
- PTSD Scientific Research